This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hey, Mr. Snowman

A co-worker gave me this rhyme last winter, it goes well with All You Need for a Snowman by Alice Schertle. Depending on how many kids are at storytime, you can hand out all the pieces and let the kids put them on the snowman as you say each verse.














Hey, Mr. Snowman

I went walking

through a winter wonderland

and spied a frosty snowman

who needed a hand.


Hey, Mr. Snowman, what do you need?

"I need BLACK EYES. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, what do you see?
"I see an ORANGE CARROT. Put it on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?
"I see a BLACK TOP HAT. Put it on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?
"I see some BROWN STICKS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see a GREEN SCARF. Put it on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see some PINK MITTENS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see some BLUE BUTTONS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see some YELLOW BOOTS. Put them on me."


Hey, Mr. Snowman, now what do you see?

"I see the coolest snowman ever. Me!"


I changed a few things from the original rhyme my co-worker gave me, such as the color of some of his accessories, so make it your own and change or add what you like.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I loved this rhyme! I did it with my two-year-old daughters as a craft project. They really liked building the snowmen as we read it. If you're interested in seeing them, I included it in my blog. Here's the link: http://thefilesofmrse.com/archives/314