This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Penguin Storytime

Who doesn't love penguins?! Following is a preschool storytime I did this past winter all about penguins:

To start with I had everything I was using for storytime hidden and read a little riddle I found so the could guess what storytime was about. I can't remember where I found the riddle, may have been a book or the Internet, so if anyone needs to be given credit, please let me know and I will give credit. The song is already posted, you can go to the Bird Themed Program Ideas to find the words and motions, and I will talk a little about the flannelboard tomorrow for the September 23rd Flannelboard Friday.

Penguin Riddle:
I am a bird you know quite well,
All dressed in black and white.
And even though I do have wings,
They're not designed for flight.
I waddle, waddle, waddle,
On my funny little feet.
Across the icy snow I go,
To find a fishy treat!
Book: If You Where a Penguin by Wendell & Florence Minor
Book: Penguins by Liz Pichon
Song: "The Penguin Song"
Penguin Jokes: (I love silly jokes)
Q: Why do penguins carry fish in their beaks? A: Because they don't have pockets!
Q: What do penguins order for lunch? A: Iceburgers!
Book: Sergio Makes a Splash by Edel Rodriquez
Book: A Penguin Story by Antoinette Portis
Flannelboard: "The Three Little Penguins"
Book: Penguin and the Cupcake by Ashley Spires

Happy Waddling :)

No comments: