This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Silly Bird Storytime

This is my all time favorite preschool storytime!!! I know it seems like a lot of books to get through, but they are all pretty short and simple, and when I have done this storytime the kids (and adults) have enjoyed themselves and been attentive the entire time. The two songs and the flannelboard are both already posted, you can go to the Bird Themed Program Ideas to find the words and motions. Enjoy -

Book: Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard
Song: "If You're Grump and You Know It"
Book: Ducks Don't Wear Socks by John Nedwidek
Book: Chicken Little by Rebecca Emberley
Flannelboard: "Three Short-Necked Buzzards"
Book: I'm Not Cute by Jonathan Allen
Book: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
Song: "The Penguin Song"

For an art project at the end, I found simple clip art outlines of silly looking birds on-line, and copied them onto pieces of construction paper. Then I set out wiggles eyes, colorful feathers, sequins, foam shapes, glitter and markers and let the kids each create their own SILLY BIRD.

No comments: