This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Friday, September 30, 2011

“When Goldilocks Went to the House of the Bears”

I found this very cute song over the summer and created the flannel board pieces and the kids sang along with me while we did the flannel board. I am not sure who originally wrote the song, but I found it on several web-sites and most seemed to be from across the big pond. I won't post the lyrics here, but I found them written out on: http://www.teapartydiva.com/when-goldilocks-went-to-the-house-of-the-bears-song/




Plus, the British Council web-site: Learn English Kids, has lovely children with English accents signing the song: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/songs/when-goldilocks-went-the-house-the-bears

A co-worker helped me find the clip-art for the bears, bowls of porridge, chairs and beds in an old "The Mailbox" magazine – August/September 2008 issue.

























2 comments:

Ms. Anna said...

Oh I LOVE this rhyme. It's one of my go-to activities. I never thought about doing flannel for it though--we just do motions. Nice work, you've given me some food for thought. Hmmm... :)

Melissa ZD said...

Hey! I didn't know this song! Thanks for sharing it. It would be great to read the story and then sing this song...all that repetition! Thanks for bringing your good ideas to Flannel Friday!