This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Friday, March 2, 2012

There's a Wocket in my Pocket ...

Last week I posted my Yottle in a Bottle, this week I am showing you My Wocket, who today, will live in my pocket. I made him the same way I made the Yottle (copied a page from the story, taped it up on a sunny window and traced the image onto orange and green construction paper, then laminated him). You don't really need to laminate the Wocket, since he will be safely tucked into you pocket, but just like the librarian from the Black Lagoon - I do enjoy laminating things :)



In the story, the Wocket is in the little boys back pants pocket, however, the picture below is actually the Wocket in my front shirt pocket (it just made the picture taking process easier and less embarrassing) and he seems to be happy - as long as he can be in a pocket.


Enjoy ...














3 comments:

Sarah Mc said...

Super cute! Love this idea and I'm glad he's happy in ANY pocket!

Katie (Recipe for Reading) said...

Love your Wocket! Good idea about using the sunny window to trace!

Jane said...

The Wocket is way too cute. I will have to do this somehow in Pajama Story Time...they will love it!