This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

White Feather, White Feather



This flannel board came out of Puppet & Flannelboard Stories for Seasons and Holidays by Teacher Created Materials, and is a spin-off of Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I actually got this from a former supervisor, and I believe the pattern for the turkey and the feathers were both in the book. However, if you aren't able to get a hold of the book you can Google a turkey and feather image.












(I made more feathers than was needed; I must have gotten a little carried away.)



The rhyme goes like this:
"White feather, white feather, what do you see?" (place the white feather on the turkey's back)
"I see a gold feather next to me." (place the gold feather on the turkey's back)
"Gold feather, gold feather, what do you see?"
… and it goes on from there with which ever color feathers you would like to use.











Short and sweet – and nice to use with a Thanksgiving themed storytime.

1 comment:

MelissaZD said...

This is an easy way to do this! The ones I know have complicated rhyming verses.