This is my first attempt at a Storytime Blog, stay patient and stay tuned, I hope to post some great stuff.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

5 Little Owls

I made up this little rhyme, trying to come up with something not too Halloweeny - for Halloween :) I actually made the owls over the summer when I saw a flannel friday post on
http://rovingfiddlehead.com/kidlit/?p=429, called Five Hoot Owls - I thought they were totally cute!!! (The original pattern for the owls came from http://sunflowerstorytime.com/2011/03/22/owls/)













5 Little Owls
5 little owls swooping through the night
gliding and diving in the moon’s bright light.
Dipping and flipping, it was quite a sight …
until one little owl swooped out of sight.

4 little owls swooping through the night
gliding and diving in the moon’s bright light.
One little owl flapped with all his might,
and one little owl swooped out of sight.

3 little owls swooping through the night
gliding and diving in the moon’s bright light.
A bat flew by and gave a little fright,
and one little owl swooped out of sight.

2 little owls swooping through the night
gliding and diving in the moon’s bright light.
A mama owl hooted, “It’s time to say good night”,
and one little owl swooped out of sight.

1 little owl swooping through the night
gliding and diving in the moon’s bright light.
Then the moon began to fade and the sky got light,
and one little owl swooped out of sight.


I didn't picture it here, but I have a bat puppet to fly by in verse #3.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Cute idea to use the bat puppet! We have so many puppets here and I am always looking for ideas on how to use them better. Will stick this one in my brain for sure. :)

Katie said...

Oooh, we have a bat puppet too! I know what I'm going to do next year with this flannel!

Dayna said...

Quick question for you about the owls. (So cute by the way!) Did you make them entirely out of flannel?